Translate

lauantai 22. kesäkuuta 2013

Nomad mother

Beginning I think, it´s correct to make a short introduce about me. 
Normally I write for Finnish, but sometimes I try to write for English too. Anyways, even it´s for Finnish, you can see lot of pictures here and more is coming. All comments are welcome. Hope you enjoy. 


I have been travelling a lot, mostly in Italy, but the last two years I have been working in the south of Turkey, Alanya. Italy has been my passion. It started when I saw the film "Under the Tuscan sun". I have felt, it´s my second home country, even life there is not so easy. Short periods I have worked also there. Four days before, after two years, I came back to amazing city, Barcelona.

I´m a mother of three children and grandmother to one princess, she is only one year and nine months. Now all my children are adults. When they were younger, I couldn´t and I didn´t want to travel, because I wanted to be a good mother and take care about them.

I was twenty years old, when I got to be mother. My engagement was finished just before I got to know, I am breaknent, but I was so happy to know, I will get a baby. I growed my son alone almost four years, then I met my husband and my son got the good father. In that time, when I was breaknent I didn´t have a job, not even education. I got time-limited job for half year, that´s all. I didn´t get any money or anything for my son from his father. He left us totally alone, he didn´t contact us after my son was three months old. Never, until this day. His parents didn´t want I come to show my baby and now grandfather is dead. He never saw his only one grandchild, he didn´t want. Now my son is 29 years old, he has a wonderful daughter and after couple years, he will be graduate for architect. When he was only three years old, I started one year school for text processor, so me and my son had to move to other city for that time. In that time, I met my husband and five years later our daughter was borned and three years later our son. I stayed at home with my three children for ten years, while only my husband was working. I really enjoyed that time.

I started to work, more and more. As I said before, I has been working also in Italy and Turkey. Hope soon in Barcelona too. 

My first longer period job was a project secretary. I liked that job because I could organize big events in my small city and some trips and there I was a tour leader. This job was only for one year. Directly after it, I got the contract for three years to be a customer servant. Same time I started to study and I graduated from the business school. Also same time I studied for a guide and travel business.
After this work I wanted something new.

I am very brave person, I don´t be afraid to take a risks. I wanted to test my limits, I had many interwieving (also in Barcelona and Roma), so I had many sales jobs, always BtoB. Two years before I left my permanent job in one of the biggest newspaper in Finland and I went to Turkey for tourist guide. Ten years I was thinking: “some day I want to be a guide, at least try”. I loved that job very, very much. I knew this also before, but in that time I realized more, how much I like to act and take care about people, also I could use my sales experience to sell tours for the customers. I had to be ready to work 24/7 and salary was very bad, but I enjoyed my job. Annoyance it was only for one season. Next job in Turkey was sales again, I worked at real estate.

I can say, it´s not easy to leave from my country because of my children and grandchild, but I am what I am and my children have always been encouraged by me as I try to do the same for them.
But what makes a mother leave again and again with all heavy baggages, leave nice home and make her miss her children so much? Why I can´t stop? Maybe I’ll never get to know, but after I heard about nomad-people, I can understand myself more. But I´m still waiting for someone, some day to somehow tell me, that I am REALLY FINNISH, because I don´t believe there isn´t any blood in me from another culture.
There are many reasons for that. My skin colour, how I look, my passion for latin music, latin dances and different cultures, my character, my relatives’ looks, etc. Before my grandmother died, I asked if she knew something, but I didn´t get an answer.

Since I came to Barcelona the first time 2010, I have been in love. With Barcelona! Before I came here, my sister said, "Spain might be your destiny, because your name is Eija". It´s funny and I agree.
If we meet here, please pronounce my name the right way, "Eija", pronounced exactly the same as Spanish "ella", not "Eiza".


I want to say this to all of you; I believe that, if you really, I mean really, want something, some day you will get it.
And now I´m not talking about cars, houses, a new TV or a sofa, I´m talking about more profound things.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life, you´ve imagined", Henry David Thoreau

If I can make something like what I have made in the last years, I´m sure you can make the same. Believe me! Life is full of choices and we just need to decide, even if it´s not easy. Now 
I want to settle down, find a good job and home. Ideas are welcome :)

Nos vemos en Barcelona - See you soon in Barcelona


Pictures and text: Eija Kannisto                                                                       Copyright©EijaKannisto  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti